Founded in 1948, Teledyne Reynolds, Inc. (TRI) leads the connector industry worldwide in the design of high voltage interconnects rated for use at voltages from 5 kVDC to 50 kVDC at altitudes of 70,000 feet (21.34 km) and above while exposed to temperatures as low as -55°C and up to 125°C. While not all connector designs offered by TRI in this website are designed to operate at those extremes, all will perform with a high degree of reliability when operated as specified.
TRI uses state of the art manufacturing equipment and all of the products have full material and build traceability to meet all customer requirements. During manufacturing, products are subjected to rigorous in-process checks and final inspection testing. These manufacturing and quality policies and procedures are the result of TRI's 65 years of experience in the design and manufacturing of high voltage interconnect solutions for the most demanding aerospace/defense applications.
Accordingly, Teledyne Reynolds' high voltage wire, cable, single pin and multi-pin connectors are known for their reliability in harsh environments, their small size compared to other manufacturer's interconnect designs for the same voltage rating and their outstanding quality. These products, some of which have been in active production for more than sixty years, reflect the legacy of Teledyne Reynolds' strong commitment to engineering, quality and customer service.
Supporting customers through six core product groups ...
High Voltage Connectors and Cable Assemblies
Both single pin and multi-pin configurations with ratings from 5 kVDC to 50 kVDC from sea level to 70,000 feet (21.34 km) with some designs even rated for use in Space. Features include:
- Several series of products are available as connector kits, also called bag assemblies, to allow for assembly at the customer's location or field installation
- Pre-terminated and tested cable assemblies built to length for customers that prefer a complete solution
- Connectors that use Teledyne Reynolds' patented Advanced Interface Sealing System™. Technologically advanced, these connectors represent the state-of-the-art in high voltage connector design and manufacture.
High Voltage Wire and Cable
Taking advantage of TRI's six decades of experience working in areas such as high voltage induced electric fields, high dielectric strength materials and low partial discharge interconnect design to create wire products rated to up to 60 kVDC that are far superior in performance, size, mass and flexibility to what is available from the traditional wire market. Designs and features include:
High Energy Devices
- Single and multi-conductor designs with or without shielding and jacketing
- High flexibility designs starting at ratings of 3 kVDC with an overall diameter as small as .019" (.48mm)
- Proprietary Ready-to-Bond™ etched or silicone coated FEP and PFA to enable cohesive bonds to encapsulants without any further surface preparation of the wire by the customer
- Distributed loss, low pass filter, RF attenuation designs
- Low partial discharge, semi-conductive layer designs
This group consists of three products:
- Mica+TM High Voltage Mica capacitors
- Spark Gaps (Gas Discharge Tubes)
- Triggered Spark Gaps
All of which are designed to exhibit exceptional and stable performance in military and high shock environments.
High Voltage Hermetic Connectors
A subset of our High Voltage Connector products, these single pin ceramic-to-metal, brazed receptacles use only the best quality, minimum 94% alumina ceramic, are metallized with moly-manganese and are nickel plated. Features include:
- Minimum leak rate rating of 1 x 10-8 cc/s He at 1 ATM differential pressure with maximum measurable leak rate test capability at TRI of 1 x 10-10 cc/s He at 1 ATM differential pressure
- 15 to 1000 PSI (1 to 68 ATM) operating pressure differential
- Custom designs
Hi-Rel Custom Interconnects
TRI has supported a wide variety of customers by designing and manufacturing customized connectors and cable assemblies for their high reliability (Hi-Rel), mission critical requirements. These assemblies have not only specialized in high voltage, but also fiber optic, signal, high current and a variety of hybrid configurations. Design and features include:
- High pressure operation
- Sub-sea compatibility
- Radiation tolerance
- Highly engineered solutions
... across a number of industries ...
Military/Defense Our capabilities and skills are vital to the military sector; providing performance and reliability levels that fighting forces rely on.
High-end Industrial TRI's capabilities are a perfect fit for certain high-end industrial customers like those that design and manufacture e-beam inspection equipment used in semiconductor wafer manufacturing. Due to the need for their systems to perform at the highest level of accuracy and "on-time", these customers require high voltage interconnect solutions that provide excellent partial discharge performance.
Medical The world of medical electronics is a fast growing, fast moving environment which needs the responsive capabilities of a flexible, understanding partner to produce vital cable assemblies. TRI currently supports a variety of customers that are revolutionizing the medical electronics market with advances in X-ray technology to groundbreaking remote, surgical robotics.
Space TRI is proud to be the preferred high voltage, interconnect solution provider for many space applications from low Earth orbit to the extreme environmental conditions of deep space. With extensive heritage as being a key supplier to the space community, TRI's products have performed successfully in harsh environments, such as, the surface of one of Saturn's moons, Titan, the surface of Mars and in orbit around Jupiter.
Energy TRI provides a range of components and assemblies to meet the specialized needs of engineers in the Oil & Gas and Commercial Nuclear industries.
Test and Instrumentation Providing high voltage connectors and cable assemblies for a variety of analytical instruments, such as X-ray inspection systems, mass spectrometers and scanning electron microscopes, used in applications ranging from high energy particle physics to laboratory and high-end industrial.
... with our key strengths
- Both standard catalog and custom solution provider
- High mix and low volume manufacturing
- Pre-terminated and tested high voltage cable assemblies
- High quality and reliability design and manufacturing process control
- Advanced Interface Sealing System™ enables highly reliable, miniature, airborne rated high voltage connectors
- Ready-to-Bond™ etched and silicon coated fluoropolymer wires (FEP and PFA) for use with epoxy or RTV bonding applications
- Actively aligned fiber optics
- High voltage impregnation and encapsulation
- Custom and application specific mica capacitor designs
- Rubber and plastic injection and/or transfer molding
- Ceramic-to-metal brazing
- Partial Discharge (corona testing) from sea level to simulated altitude
- Value added engineering solutions
- Material stress analysis
- Custom and application specific high reliability interconnect design
- Ceramic-to-metal brazing profile development
- High voltage testing at altitude
- Environmental and mechanical testing
- Real-time X-ray inspection